Wednesday 30 May 2007

Wow. what an adventurous couple of weeks. I should remember to post more often but oh well.
I had a radiology exam and got the results back on wednesday. Top of the class. Well theres only 6 of us but I stil did pretty good. None of us passed and our answers were very amusing, not ready to be doctors yet. I had 'heart failure' as a diagnosis for several Xrays EXCEPT for the one that actually was heart failure. I called the metacarpals - metatarsals (non med people - this means the ankle instead of the wrist) oops. I found 2 small white dots in an Xray of a pelvis, which was exciting because they ended up to be gun shot pellets from eating a duck (which had been shot) and apparantly this is common, the pellets just sit in your appendix for ages. It wasnt an important part of the Xray. If I end up being a radiologist I will read over these and laugh. Mel, have you got any more stories to swap me?? Thanks for your advice on osteoporosis... if in doubt .. that will be my diagnosis for everything.

We all met some lovely old people (over 85yo for anyone getting offended) at the geriatrics and palliative care wards. Pat had severe dementia but was lovely, wandering round the halls and chatting to everyone like she ran the place, rearranging vases and things. Another lady was out spoken! asking if michael was my boyfriend because we showed up to the hospital at the same time, and then when she met John from Taiwan pointed 'Your from China!'. Very clever, and very inappropriate!

No comments: